Mr. Michael Mensah
Lecturer, Department of Engineering
- MSc. Electrical Engineering, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL USA August 2011
- BSc. Electrical Engineering, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL USA August 2009
- BSc. Physics (Geophysics), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana June 2006
Michael Mensah is an enthusiastic and innovative educator with a comprehensive knowledge in system modeling, designing, developing and maintaining control systems. He is self-motivated and creative thinker, consistently pursuing new challenges to expand abilities, and immensely contributes to knowledge capital development of 21st century student engineers. Having gained +6 years working experience with staff and students of diverse cultures and backgrounds abroad. He has since been working with Regent Ghana as a Lecturer and serving at the Departmental Associate concurrently.
- Control Systems and Designs.
- Modeling and Simulation Analysis.
- Renewable Energy Systems.
- Signal Processing and Designs
Courses Teaching/Taught at Regent University:
- SIEL 4773 Digital Control Systems
- SIEL 4622 Modeling, Simulation and Analysis
- SIEL 4783 Mechatronics and Robotics
- SIEL 4683 Digital Signal Processing and Filtering
- SIEL 4592 Network and Matlab
- SIEL 4672 Control Lab
- SIEL 2662 Control Engineering
- SIEL 2573 Digital Electronics
Product Engineering, Tuskegee University
Design and simulation of Photovoltaic DC-DC Energy System for Grid integration
The project can be summarized as:
- Modeling and simulation of photovoltaic panel
- Design and implementation of DC-DC boost converter for photovoltaic system
- Implementation of photovoltaic maximum power point tracking algorithm
- Practical tests and Power loss analysis
- Overall conversion efficiency of 93.8%
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), since 2010
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), since 2010
- Playing Tennis, Travelling and Volunteering
- Michael Mensah ,Arbin Ebrahim, A Maximum Power Point Tracking For Solar Energy Systems, Tuskegee Alabama, USA, 2011
- Michael Mensah, Sherry King Integrating Academic Enrichment Beyond the Classroom, Denver Colorado, USA, 2011
- ‘CURENT’, Sept, 2010, University of Tennessee.
- ‘Noel Levitz Symposium on the Recruitment & Retention of Students of Color’,April 18-20, 2012 · Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel.
- 31stAnnual Conference on The First-Year Experience’, Feb 20,2012 San Antonio Texas