Dr. George Faah
Head of Management Studies
026 592 6878 Email:
Office Hours: Primary Department:
School of Business & Economics
- PhD (rer.pol.),Technische Universitat Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany
- MBA (imre.),Technische Universitat Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany
- BSc (Agric Engineering), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Tech. Kumasi, Ghana
Dr. Faah finished his PhD in 2008 from TUBAF, Freiberg-Germany. His research was on "Road Transportation Impact on Ghana's Future Energy and Environment". Dr. Faah also holds MBA from the same University. In 1998 he completed his BSc. in Agricultural Engineering from the University of Science and Technology Kumasi.
Dr. Faah worked as an Assistant Professor at the Urban Management Masters Programme in Ethiopia Civil Service College ( A World Bank Project) before joining Regent University College of Science and Technology in September, 2010.
Dr. Faah has also taught at various levels of education since 1992. Some of the tertiary institutions he has worked as a lecturer include TU Bergakkademie in Freiberg, German, and the UST School of Mines, now University of Mines, in Tarkwa, Ghana. He has also an extensive industrial experience in banking and environmental resource management services. His favorite hobbies include playing football, Table Tennis, Lawn Tennis, Badminton, Chess and Martial Art.
Courses Teaching/Taught at Regent University:
- Managing Organizations (SOMA 2553)
- International Economics (SOEC 4653)
- Labor Economics (SOEC 4642)
- Intermediate Macroeconomics (SOEC3523)
- International Corporate Management and Ethics, Organizational Behaviour, and Human Resource Management
- Investment and Financial Decision Making
- Micro, Macro and International Economics
- Environmental Management and Economics
- Resource Economics and Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Auditing and Management
- Mine Environmental Problems, Solutions and Management
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Marketing and International Corporate Strategies
- Cost Accounting
Memberships of Professional Bodies:
- Ghana Agric. Engineers Association
Selected (Recent) Publications:
- Climate Change: Implication of Oil Exploitation in Ghana (Conference Paper, IMRE Journal Nov. 2010).
- Carbon dioxide Emissions of Road Transport in Ghana: A New Future for Biofuels ( Conference Paper IMRE Journal Nov. 2008)
- Road Transportation Impact on Ghana's Future Energy and Environment