Dr. Mesut Yilmaz
Office Hours: 13:00 - 15:00
- Ph.D., International Economics, Marmara University, (2005), Istanbul, Turkey,
- M.A., International Economics, Marmara University (2000), Istanbul, Turkey
- B.A., Istanbul University, 1996, Istanbul, Turkey
Dr. Mesut Yilmaz joined the Regent University College of Science and Technology in September 2016. Prior to joining Regent, he served as a Professor at Gediz University, Izmir, Turkey.
Dr. Yilmaz has held various teaching appointments in several Universities around the world. He has served as an Associate Professor at the Department of Economics, Süleyman Demirel University, Kazakhstan, as well as a Professor at the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Nigerian-Turkish NILE University, Nigeria. He has also been a visiting scholar at the University of Zurich, Switzerland, University of Northern Iowa, University of Birmingham, England and the International University of Malaysia, Malaysia.
- Yilmaz, Mesut, “International Economics and Economy of Kazakhstan” published by Süleyman Demirel University, 2006,Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Chigozie Enwere, Mesut Yilmaz, “Turkey’s Strategic Economic Relations with Africa: Trends and Challenges” Journal of Economics and Political Economy, V:11, No. 2, 2014, Turkey
- Yilmaz, Mesut, “International Trade and Current Interest-Free Banking System” Proceeding of International Scientific & Practical Conference, “Innovation Based Economic Development of Kazakhstan”, Alfarabi Kazakh State University and Süleyman Demirel University, Kazakhstan,Almaty, 2010
- Mesut Yilmaz, “Family, Environment, University and Media for Human Development” Journal of Economic Issues, Abay national Pedagogical University, no: 1(23), April 2010, Almaty-Kazakhstan.
- Ahmet Dinc, Mesut Yilmaz, “Impact of Foreign Investments to Integrate Into the World Economy in Transition Period-Turkmensitan and Kazakhstan, “Current Economic Issues and Perspectives of the Central Asia Region”, Istanbul, Alev Publishing, 2008.
- Mesut Yilmaz, Metin Duyar, “Turkish Model and Cooperation Possibilities for Creating Added Value in Kazakhstan Gold Production”, Journal of Süleyman Demirel University, No:5, 2008, Almaty-Kazakhstan.
- Mesut Yilmaz, Yessengali Oskenbayev, “Exchange Rate Volatility Effect on Trade in Kazakhstan”, Alatoo Academic Studies, Vol: 3, No:2, 2008, (ISSN: 1694-5263) Bishkek-Kyrgyzstan.
- Yilmaz Mesut, “Venture Capital and New Industrial Development Strategy in Kazakhstan”, Alatoo Academic Studie, Vol: 2, No:2, October 2007, Almaty-Kazakhstan.
- Yilmaz, Mesut and Enwere, Chigozie, “Modernization, Development Ideas and Africa’s Trade with Global South”, International Conference: Creativity, Culture and Identity in Africa and tehe Africa Diaspora. Africa Conference 2016, University of Texas, Austin, March 24-27, 2016
- Yilmaz Mesut, Zhussipbek Galym, “The Education Providing High Ethics and Social Coherence in Post-Soviet Kazakhstan: The Case of SDU”, Faculty of Education, University Malaya, 15 November 2011, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Yilmaz Mesut, “Single Currency or Local Currencies as a Payment System in CIS countries”, Workshop on Towards new Security Dynamics in Central Asia by Kyrgyzstan-Turkey Manas University and NATO Public Diplomacy Division, 26 April 2012, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Mesut Yilmaz, Abdulshukur Aytbaev, “Perspectives of Finance and Banking Sector Stabilization Process in the Post-Crisis Period’ Abay National Pedagogical University, December, 11, 2009, Almaty-Kazakhstan.
- Mesut Yilmaz, Kairat Moldashev, ‘Effects of the Custom Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Russia’, Al-Farabi State University, December, 10, 2009, Almaty-Kazakhstan.
- Mesut Yilmaz, Yessengali Oskenbayev, Kanat Abdulla, “Currency Substitution of Kazakhstan”, Working Paper Number 946, The William Davidson Institute, University of Michigan, January 2009, USA.
- Workshop, ‘Financial Crises and Educaiton in Kazakhstan’ Central Asia University, 22 November 2008, Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Mesut Yilmaz Yessengali Oskenbayev, “Current Status and Perspectives of Cyprus-CIS Economic Relations” International Central Asia and North Cyprus Relations: Perspectives in Political Economic and Strategic Issues, Eastern Mediterranean University, Center for Strategic studies, 20-21 November, 2008, North Cyprus.
- Mesut Yilmaz, Yessengali Oskenbayev, “Ideals of the Asian Community Aspirations for a Harmonized World Order”, International Conference “The Effect of Culture on Economic Growth in Developing Countries”, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan on 24-27 October, 2008.
- Mesut Yilmaz, Yessengali Oskenbayev, “External Debt and Financial Vulnerability – An Application of Balance Sheet Analysis Approach in Case of Kazakhstan”, Abay National Pedagogical University, April 28-3-. 2—8, Almaty-Kazakhstan.
- Mesut Yilmaz, “Venture Capital and Industrial Development of Kazakhstan”, An International Scientific Conference on Dynamic and Broad Economic Modernization in the Central Asia: Current Issues & Perspectives for the 10th Kazakhstan-2030 Strategy Anniversary, Süleyman Demirel University and Al-Farabi State University, December 7-8, 2007 Almaty-Kazakhstan.
- “Journal of Current Economic Issues & Perspectives of Central Asia Region” (Online), www.ceipc.net, ISSN (Electronic Journal): ISSN 1309-7938, Turkey, 2010 (Served as editor)
- Eastern Mediterranean University, Center for Strategic Studies, North Cyprus (Member of Scientific Board.) 2008
- Journal of Abay National Pedagogical University, Almaty-Kazakhstan (Member of Editorial Board), 2008.
- Alatoo Academic Studies, Bishkek-Kyrgyzstan, (Member of Editorial Board.), 2007-2013
- Eurasian Journal of Business and Economics, www.ejbe.org, 2007, ISSN (Electronic Journal): 1694-5972, (Member of Editorial Board)
- “SDU Press” Journal of Süleyman Demirel University, 2007-2013, (Editor)
- Member, UNESCO-International Institute for Educational Planning- European Centre for Strategic Management of Universities ‘Distance Education Course on ‘Managing University-Industry Partnerships, Fatih University, (2 October 2000-15 January 2001)
- Regional Integration (South-South relations, BRICs)
- International Trade
- African Economies (South Africa, ECOWAS members)
- Internationalization of Education
- Geographical specialization in the Nigeria and the ECOWAS
- Turkish and Kazakh Economy
- European Union
- Interest-Free Banking (Islamic Banking)
- Economics of Globalization