Mr. Samuel Chris Quist
Head of Department (Sabbatical Leave)
024 353 3599 Email:
- PhD(Student) in Computer Science at Central University of Nicaragua
- M. Eng, Technical Computer Science, University of Applied Science, Deggendorf, Germany
- B. A (Hons), Computer Science and Economics, University of Ghana
Samuel Chris Quist is a Computer Scientist with passion for Database Systems and System Development. After serving as a Teaching Assistant at the University of Ghana Computer Science Department, his love for academia increased. He moved from the University of Ghana to All Nations University as a Lecturer Assistant in September, 2003. In September 2006, he joined the Regent Vision. He served as the Coordinator in Charge, Curriculum Enhancement and Industrial Placement from December, 2008 to December 2010 and as Deputy Head of Department from January, 2011 to September, 2012.
- Mobile Databases
- Data Mining
- Information Systems
- Application of Technology in Academia
- Information Systems Design
Courses Teaching/Taught at Regent University:
- Foundations of Computer Science
- Survey of Programming Languages
- Computer Application in Business
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Information System Analysis and Design
- Database Management System
- Principles of Programming
- Object Oriented Programming
Consultancies, Conferences, Workshops etc:
- Development and Implementation of a Student Information Management System for All Nations University College - Koforidua
- Development and Implementation of Library Management System for All Nations University College, Koforidua
- Development And Implementation of Equipment Maintenance software for Coca-Cola, Ghana
- In charge of System Analysis and Database Development
- Development of an Income and Expenditure System for Regent University College of Science and Technology.
- Development and implementation of a Church Management Software
Conferences and Workshops:
- ERP Foundations Workshop (Using SAP Software), Cape University Peninsula, August 2013
- Ensuring Quality in Private University Colleges – The Examinations Factor, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, October 2012
- The Google Web Technologies Workshop, Google Africa, June 2012
- Artificial Intelligence Boot camp, February 2011
- Human Factor Development in Technology Advancement, June 2004
- QUIST, Samuel Chris; AMEGATSE, Leonard Kwashie; DICKSON, Dilys. Conceptual Design of E-Voting System for Academic Institution. International Journal for Innovation Education and Research, [S.l.], v. 4, n. 12, p. 96-109, dec. 2016. ISSN 2411-2933.
- QUIST, Samuel Chris & QUARSHIE, Henry Osborn., The Use of Mobile Phones among Undergraduate Students-a Case in Ghana, South American Journal of Academic Research, Special Edition, May 2016
- QUIST, Samuel Chris, "Data Security and Privacy in Mobile Technology: A case of WhatsApp Web", Texila International Journal of Academic Research, May 2018.
- QUIST, Samuel Chris, "ICT Infrastructure Management of Rural and Community Banks in Ghana, the Role of ARB Apex Bank", Texila International Journal of Academic Research, December 2017.