Call Us: +233-0266-839961 | 0503 030999

SICS 3533: Information Systems Analysis and Design


COURSE OBJECTIVE:

To impart an understanding of the role of the system analyst in determining and documenting user requirements, developing and documenting preliminary designs for systems that meet those requirements, and assisting in project management for the implementation of the design.

 

STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES

Intended student outcomes: At the conclusion of the course the student will be able to:

 

KNOWLEDGE OUTCOMES:

  • Learn the historical and theoretical foundations and concepts of System Development techniques
  • Be conversant in the different approaches to systems development and where each is most appropriate
  • Develop an understanding of all the steps of the System Development Life Cycle and the procedures, skills and tools that comprise them
  • Develop an understanding of Rapid/Agile Applications Development as an alternative to the SDLC approach.

 

DETAILED COURSE EVALUATION: GRADES:

You will have final Exam which is 60% of your final grade. Assignments, quizzes (mostly short and unannounced), class attendance and participation (all collectively referred to as “lab work”) will count for the remaining 40%.  I will arrive at your final letter grade by simply totaling examination grades plus the grade for lab work at their respective percentage of the final grade.

 

FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT:

Exam 60%; Attendance 10%; Mid-semester, class exercises and assignments 30%