Very Rev. Dr. Dominic Sylvester Dadzie
Senior Lecturer & Dean of Students
024 864 7027 Email:
McCharty Hill Campus Office Hours:
- PhD,Educational Studies, Ohio University, Athens, OH, USA (2009)
- M.Ed,Educational Administration, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana (2006)
- MA,International Affairs, Ohio University, Athens, OH, USA (2005)
- PGDE,Education, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast, Ghana (1996)
- BA,Study of Religions and Psychology, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana (1990)
- Theological Ed,Study of Religions, Trinity Theological Seminary, Legon, Ghana (1989)
- Early education at St. Mary's Primary and Middle School at Shama.
- Attended St. Mary's Secondary School, Apowa for the Ordinary Level GCE and Accra Academy for the Advanced Level GCE.
- An ordained Minister of the Methodist Church Ghana. Commissioned in June 1989 and ordained in August 1991.
- Served the Ghana Police Church from 1989-1990.
- Ministerial appointment at Suhum Secondary Technical School as Chaplain from 1990-1999.
- Planted churches within Suhum Circuit at Suhum New Town, Sowatey, Amanase, Amanhyia, and pastured Mfrano Amanako, and Anum Apapam Methodist societies.
- Served the Koforidua Diocese of the Methodist Church as Journal Secretary from 1992-1999.
- Maintained regular visits as Visiting pastor to the Ghana Police Church. 1990- 2003.
- Chaplain to Wesley Grammar School 1999-2003 and pastured Maranatha Methodist Church within Dansoman Circuit of the Methodist Church Ghana.
- Served the Accra Diocese as Business Committee member and Speechwriter for the Bishop.
- Planted the Mount Olivet Methodist Church, Ghana at Columbus Ohio while a student at Ohio University, Athens, in the Ohio State of the United States of America.
- Married to Clementina and have Esther as daughter.
- Funding Public Higher Education
- Access and enrollment issues in higher education
- Gender and equity in higher education
- Affordable higher education and retention of students from lower socioeconomic families
- Human Resource development and management
- Educational policy formation and implementation: Problems associated with policy and practice
- Supervision of instruction
- Administration of educational facilities
- Time management in educational institutions
- Divorce and Educational needs of deprived children
- Cultural Diversity and Education in Ghana
- Education in Ghana: the story of Private Schools
Courses Teaching/Taught at Regent University:
- SOLE 4564: Leadership and Business Ethics
- SOLE 3514: Leadership and Democracy
- SOLE 3544: Interpersonal Skills of Leadership
- SOLE 4544: Leadership: Theories and Philosophies for Leading
- SOED 4523: Public School Management
- SOED 3513: Aims and Principles of Education
- Dadzie, D. S. (2010), Cost sharing and equity in higher education: Experiences of selected Ghanaian students. Saarbrücken, Germany LAP Lambert Academic Publishing AG & Co K.G
- Dadzie, D. S. (2010), Improving time utilization by teachers at Wesley Grammar School, Accra, using time schedules. Saarbrücken, Germany LAP Lambert Academic Publishing AG & Co K.G
- Dadzie, D. S. (2009), Empowering students in higher education through affordable access. Graduate Education Association Conference presentation paper in process for a book chapter, 2009 (A book chapter soon to come out)
- Dadzie, D.S. (2008), Perpetuators or alleviators? The politics of globalization and poverty in Africa. In Godwyll, F & Kang, S. (2008) (ed.), Poverty, education, and development. New York: NY. Nova Science Publishers, Inc
Memberships of Professional Bodies:
- Mid-Western Educational Research Association, USA
- Graduate Education Association, Ohio University USA
- Fellowship of the Kingdom, Methodist Pastors Association, Ghana
Consultancies, Conferences, Workshops etc:
- The gap in enrollment and housing policies: The case of a public university in Ghana. A conference paper presented at the Mid-Western Educational Research Association conference in October 2009, St. Louis, Missouri. (Ready to be submitted for a journal article)
- Cultural hegemony in Ghanaian public school: The struggle for the girl-child education. (In process for journal article to be published).
- The use of audio visual aids in the teaching of cultural studies at the Junior Secondary Schools in the deprived areas. University of Cape Coast. (Unpublished PGDE Thesis), 1996.
- Domesticating Global Best Practices in Education from a Religious perspective. A paper presented at the 2010 Exam Ethics Marshals International Conferences Accra in November and December 2010
- Attended Conference on Politics and democracy in Africa at the Accra Conference Center November 2010
- Attended Conference on Mentorship at the Pentecost University College Ghana in October 2011