Vacancy: Webmaster Position
There is currently a job opening for a Webmaster at Regent University College of Science and Technology.
The primary responsibilities of the Webmaster will include:
- Design websites Maintain websites for the institution
- Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
- Generate and revise web pages.
- Examine and analyze site traffic.
- Configure web servers such as Apache and serve as the server administrator
- Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
- Create and modify appearance and setting of site.
- Lay out content on web pages.
- Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
- Fix links that don't work and pictures that aren't appearing properly.
- Keep files small so sites load faster.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Expertise in Joomla, WordPress, other content management systems
- Advanced skills navigating Photoshop and saving images for the web
- Strong knowledge of and experience with web marketing best practices, e.g. SEO and SEM
- Understanding of the concepts of progressive enhancement, mobile first and future-friendly design a plus.
- Hard-working, motivated, deadline-driven individual
- Understanding and use of web metrics and how to gauge performance
- Comfortable working in a corporate office environment